QAI’s Future Readiness Framework
The QAI’s Future Readiness Framework has been developed as a tool to assist stakeholders responsible for preparing for the future, to objectively self-assess their readiness in preparing themselves, their institutions, their students and their children as 21st century, uber-smart individuals.
The model is based on a maturity framework that allows to analyse current readiness and provide guidance to plan suitable intervention by way of training and consultancy to enhance their readiness on the maturity framework.
The QAI Future Readiness Index (FRI) has five levels, explained below with a top-level description.
- FRI Level 1: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the concepts.
- FRI Level 2: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the concepts and practice of a limited range of behaviours.
- FRI Level 3: Demonstrates a limited understanding of the concepts and practice of a range of behaviours.
- FRI Level 4: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of the concepts and practice of a wide range of behaviours.
- FRI Level 5: Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and full implementation a wide range of behaviours.
Calculating the FRI Level
Stakeholders complete the online survey / scenario based questions that appear in random order via the Mobile App or via the website.
Each question is internally linked to different focus categories and sub-categories that are explained in the section ‘QAI Future Readiness Indices Explained’ of this publication. Once the responses are collected, the ‘QAI Automated Calculator’ awards internal raw points linked to the response choices made by the stakeholder. The raw points then pass through a norming process and the outcome is the QAI FRI Level.